Tips, tricks, and considerations for beginning a remote company.
I’d recommend researching articles written by fully remote companies like Gitlab, Buffer, Doist. They are very open about their culture and you can tell if it’s the right fit for the company you want to build.
There is some great advice in this post that I think can be helpful here as well: What are the most important things to consider before transitioning to fully remote?
- Create systems and structures - it helps to make sure everyone is on the same page
- Be prepared to train - train, train, train, so everyone has the same foundation
- Remember that people are still people - even if they are remote, they still have personal lives that can affect the work
- Hire for cultural fit, then train for the work.
- It will all be a learning process
so much more I can say but I think these are a good first step